Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Why Fashion Matters (to me)


I am in love with Oscar de la Renta.

Two weeks ago I was walking through Northpark Mall and was transfixed by a beautiful blue and white strapless gown. I have not been able to find a photo of it since then on either Oscar's website or through any of their other vendors. It was stunning.

And although I have no doubt that this gown was probably more than $5,000.00 - it made me happy to look at it. I thought about that gown for the rest of the day. It was an art piece. The lines were thoughtful and crisp. The colors were simple but striking. It was not gaudy and it was not loud - but if a woman walked into a party wearing this gown there would be no ignoring her.

It was classic. It was playful. It was inspiring.

These three traits are the reason that fashion matters to me. It's a collage of both mass opinion and creativity. We wear it. We live in it. We agonize over it. We celebrate it.

Enjoy this Grecian gown from the Spring 2009 ready to wear line.

Lovely. Impractical. Luxe.

No comments: