That special time of year is here! Here is information you need to know how to care for your poinsettias.
- If you buy your plant from the store, remove the plastic sleeve as soon as you get home and water thoroughly.
- Display your plants in a bright location, but avoid direct sunlight which can burn the bracts.
- Avoid drafty locations, where either hot or cold air will blow directly on your plant.
- The best temperatures for poinsettias are between 65-75 degrees. Do not exposure your plant to temperatures below 50 degrees.
- Keep soil moist to the touch, but don’t allow it to become soggy or sit in water.
- Remember: Poinsettias are toxic to animals!!!
First singe the ends for 30 seconds over an open flame to prevent the milky-sap from leaking out into your arrangement. This leakage is toxic to other plants and will cause your poinsettia blooms to dehydrate quickly!